Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"The Tune Ends Too Soon for Us All"

Since that last post was short--if not that sweet--here's another song that always gave me pleasure, and more so now that I have gotten older.

I never quite got into the Jethro Tull of Aqualung--the Who's Uncle Ernie (and their earlier Ivor the Engine Driver) gratified all my desires for songs about old pervs. But Ian Anderson did a lot more thoughtful and melodic stuff, and this song is a continual delight, as well as his "Up the Pool," about the British seaside resort, Blackpool, that he grew up in ("We're going up the Pool, from down the Smoke below...")



An even sadder song when you consider for how many people the song has ended since this video was made.

"We will meet in the sweet light of dawn." I hope so.

No comments: