Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Editorial Staff

Some of you must be wondering, "Who's that voice that keeps interjecting sarcastic comments in this blog?" Well, let me introduce you to the editorial staff:





Wynken, Blynken, and Sod(all).

Each entry (and comment in other blogs) undergoes a rigorous vetting procedure, as well as ruthless line-by-line editing, in which each comma and adjective must be justified. They are, on the whole, stringent but fair--except for Sod(all), the bear, who is an alter ego of sorts, and has a wicked tongue.

"You great baby! Now they're going to realize you like stuffed animals!"

"Sod off."


Note: Actually, this is my attempt to place the obligatory cute animal pic in my blog, since, try as I may, I can't get our female pit-bull to look cute (she has a sweet disposition, though).

Note to above Note: My comment about "obligatory cute animal pics" was inspired by several random journeys through the Blogosphere using the "Next Blog" link at the top of the page. Each trip was unspeakably depressing, and the main thought rising out of the swamp of despair that they planted in my chest was that the cute pictures of pets, children, and woven thingamacrafts were probably the least harmful bloggotic use, among all the other inanities, cries for help, outpourings of psychotic hatred, spamulous crassness, and the expected but nonetheless melancholy prurient crotch-grabbings. Vanity Fair indeed!

3 comments:

Harry said...

As a therapist, I approve of this functional projection of your critical superego, especially upon such cute, furry little doods.

Just hope Sod(all) doesn't get too nasty. Not sure if I could bear it.

Oof.

Eric Little said...

LOL--an abbreviation I never use unless I actually did it.

All puns gratefully accepted.

Adam Thornton said...

Once upon a time, people were unable to show the insides of their heads to the rest of the world.

Now we know that a lot of people like cute things and knitted things, and that a myspace page can never be ugly enough.