Monday, June 11, 2007

No Dealing Off the Bottom!

"Why are you listing the first ten songs that come up on a random iPod shuffle?"

"Well, everybody's doing it!"

"If everybody jumps off a cliff, are you going to too?"

"Only if I can yell "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit" on the way down!"




1. "Stardom in Acton" by Pete Townshend.
2. "I Can't Give Back the Love I Feel for You" by Rita Wright.
3. "I Can't Take It" by Badfinger.
4. "Copperhead Road" by Steve Earle.
5. "Fortunate Son" by John Fogerty (live).
6. "Don't Be Long" (aka "It Won't Be Wrong") by the Byrds (Preflyte version).
7. "The House Is Rockin'" by Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble.
8. "In My Community" by Paul Revere & the Raiders.
9. "A Little is Enough" by Pete Townshend.
10. "Lazy Days" by the Flying Burrito Brothers.

Wow--great music to run to (except #2, which is a vocal rendition of a Jeff Beck instrumental that I love). Looking at this, I realize that the pop music I put on my iPod is still geared towards someone who runs 30-40 miles a week--which, unfortunately, ain't me anymore.

"Gee, too bad 'Living in the Past' didn't come up."

"Quiet."

No comments: